Are you planning on doing some DIY home improvement? Starting a woodworking project?
You will most probably need a jigsaw. Not just a simple jigsaw, but get yourself one of the best to get you started. It may cost a little bit more, but it goes a long way with better performance and convenience. Experienced handlers know this as much as we do. And so, we offer you a fine selection of the best 18v jigsaws out on the market. These are cordless jigsaws that provides versatility, portability, and flexibility.
Since its release over 60 years ago, jigsaws have been a must-have power tool in the world of DIY’s. It is considered as one of the most effective tools to make quick and clean detailed cuts. One problem most people have experienced however, is the lack of portability and flexibility. That is why a cordless jigsaw is highly recommended for both DIY beginners and veterans.
Comparison Table: Top 5 18V Jigsaws
|Name||Makita XVJ03Z||Bosch JSH180B||Hitachi CJ18DGLP4||Ryobi One+ P5231||Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2645-20|
|Weight||6.4 lbs||4.1 lbs||4.5 lbs||5.5 lbs||6.25 lbs|
|Width||4 inches||3 inches||4 inches||6.5 inches||3 inches|
|Stroke Rate||0 - 2600 SPM||0 - 2700 SPM||2,400 SPM||1,100 - 3000 SPM||0 - 2,700 SPM|
|Max Bevel Angle||45 Degrees||45 Degrees||45 Degrees||45 Degrees||45 Degrees|
|Shank Type||T-shape||T-shape||T-shape, U-shape||T-shape||T-shape|
|Stroke Length||1.0 inch||1.0 inch||1.0 inch||1.0 inch||1 inch|
|Orbital Action modes/stages||3||4||3||3||5|
|Price||VIEW ON AMAZON||VIEW ON AMAZON||VIEW ON AMAZON||VIEW ON AMAZON||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Top 5 Best 18V Jigsaw Reviews
Guide to Buying a Cordless Jigsaw
It is always a good idea to learn more about a product before purchasing. When dealing with cordless jigsaws, there are certain factors you need to know. It could significantly affect your convenience, safety and efficiency of your work.
- Shank Type: This pertains to the blades used on your tool. Generally, there are two shapes namely the T-shank and U-shank. The U-shank is an earlier design that takes a little time to swap blades. The T-shank is now popularly sought after as it tends to be more convenient.
- Stroke Rate: Stroke rate is one of the determining factors on how fast and how efficient your jigsaw cuts through wood, plastic or steel. At high speeds, say at 3,000 SPM, the jigsaw will have its blade move up and down 3,000 times in a minute.
- Power: This is another determining factor on how efficient the cuts will be. Cordless jigsaws usually have power that goes from 12V up to 34V. Low-powered jigsaws are often used on light woodworking projects as they tend to run out of power rather fast. If you’re plan on using your jigsaw for loads of work, you probably want a high-powered one. Maybe even go corded, depending on how much work you’ll be putting into your jigsaw.
- Handle: Often neglected, the handle grip is an important feature of a jigsaw. Ergonomically designed handles will prevent sore hands and palms, especially when working overtime. It could also mean safety of your health by avoiding slippery grip handles.
- Visibility: When working on some intricate cuts, visibility is important. Just a simple LED lighting helps for better visibility.
- Bevel Angles: Some jigsaws have limited angles and can only do so much when working on some top-notch woodwork. Make sure the jigsaw at least has a maximum of 45 degrees for capability.
- Manufacturer: We’re not saying that you should go for the most popular brand, but go for a manufacturer that really knows their tools.
- Weight: Working for hours on a heavy jigsaw can really take a toll on the arm.
Choosing between products can sometimes be frustrating, especially when features and capabilities are mostly identical. Of course, personal preference comes into play, but don’t forget about reviews and customer feedbacks. Learn from other people’s experiences and their take on a certain product. Just don’t single out a single customer and rely on their words.
With our top 5 jigsaws listed above, you will most likely find what you’re looking for. If you’re on a budget, we suggest you look into Hitachi CJ18DGLP4 and Ryobi One+ P5231. These are two of the best 18v jigsaws that can cleanly cut with precision. If you want more reliability, you can get yourself a Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2645-20, a Bosch JSH180B or Makita XVJ03Z instead. Overall, these are all good cordless jigsaws that have garnered positive reviews from both customers and experts. Your pick.